Texas Health Steps is health care for children birth through age 20 who have Medicaid. Texas Health Steps gives your child free medical checkups starting at birth, and free dental checkups starting at 6 months of age. Checkups can help find health problems before they get worse and harder to treat.
Call Texas Health Steps if You:
- Need help finding a doctor or dentist.
- Need help setting up a checkup.
- Have questions about checkups or Texas Health Steps.
- Need help getting a ride to a checkup.
- Need a case manager to help you find and get other services.
Call Texas Health Steps toll-free 1-877-847-8377 (1-877-THSTEPS) or go to MyChildrensMedicaid.org to learn more about Medicaid and Texas Health Steps.
E-mail Texas Health Steps
Department of State Health Services
Texas Health Steps Branch
Mail Code 1938
PO Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347
1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78756-3199
Phone 512-776-7745, Fax 512-776-7256
Relay Texas Dial 7-1-1