Texas Health Steps healthcare for people ages 20 and younger who have Medicaid.
Call Texas Health Steps if you:
- Need help finding a doctor or dentist.
- Need help setting up a checkup.
- Need a case manager to help you find and get other services.
- Have questions about checkups or Texas Health Steps.
The call is free!
1-877-847-8377 (1-877-THSteps) Monday to Friday
Find out how Texas Health Steps can help you stay healthy.
An outreach counselor will help you find a doctor, dentist or case manager and answer any questions you may have about the services you can get.
Texas Health Steps Checkups can:
• Help find health problems before they get worse and harder to treat.
• Help prevent health problems that make it hard for you to feel your best.
• Help you have a healthy smile.
If your doctor or dentist finds a health problem during a checkup, you can get the care you need:
• Eye exams and glasses
• Hearing tests and hearing aids
• Dental care
If you need a ride to get to your checkup, call toll-free 1-877-633-8747 (1-877-MED-TRIP), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Link to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) website for more information.
Helpful Links for Teens:
Someday Starts Now - A new website that has information on women’s health, men’s health, parenting and more.
Teen Dating Violence (CDC)
Dating Matters gives tips for preventing dating violence early and creating a safer future for young people.