Delayed Certificate of Birth Registration For Children 15 Years of Age or Older

For a child between the ages 15 years and older :

  1. The Delayed Certificate of Birth (VS-122) signed by the individual, if competent and 18 years old or over; otherwise by a parent, legal guardian, or legal representative; and

  2. Three (3) or more documents are required to prove date of birth and place of birth. One of these records must verify parents' names. Any record, other than an affidavit, must be five (5) years old or older. At least one document should have been created within 10 years of birth.


Return to Delayed Certificate of Birth Registration home.

Last updated February 11, 2011